I really like learning random things about my friends. That’s why I appreciated recent blog posts by fellow writer peeps Beth Vogt and Melissa Tagg. Beth named 25 things about herself and Melissa named 25 things she likes that start with the letter “T.”
So I decided to write about 25 things I like that start with the letter “L.” You know, for Lindsay.
1. Lip gloss. Not quite lipstick, but leaves your lips all slick and shiny like people in the movies. Love it!
|All you need is love...|
2. Love. Okay, I know that one was cheap, but it’s all you need anyway!
3. Listening to music. Especially show tunes.
4. Lavender. Both the color and the smell—so relaxing!
5. Lizzie. As in Bennett. As in Pride and Prejudice. As in, I love this character so much I want to name my first child Elizabeth. Let’s hope my first child is not a boy. (And no, I’m not pregnant!)
6. Lackadaisical. Because it’s fun to say.
7. Lawyers. Okay, I really only “like” one—my husband.
8. Loofas. Soooo much better than washcloths, let me tell ya.
9. Laughter. What would life be without it, especially the belly aching kind?
10. Lollipops. Both the candy and the song (“Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolly-lollipop.” So simple.)
11. Little Women. Who doesn’t love this book and movie? Sigh. Reminds me of childhood. (Not the story, but the fact that I read it when I was a kid.)
12. Ladybugs. They’re just so cute!
13. Licks from my puppy. Okay, I don’t exactly like this, especially since we’re trying to teach her not to lick…but she’s just so sweet when she does it! Puppy kisses!
14. Licorice. But not the cherry kind OR black OR pull-and-peel. Just give me good old-fashioned strawberry, please. Or green apple. Yum, yum.
|Me love books.|
15. Literary stuff. You know, like books. And reading.
16. Libraries! ‘Nuff said to explain the joy that bubbles up when I think of this word.
17. Life. Guess I should say this one. Seems rather obligatory, don’t you think? But I am! I’m so grateful for every day I have on this earth with my loved ones.
18. Light. I can’t work in the dark. I fall asleep.
19. Labels. The extremely organized detailed editor in me loves labels.
20. Lists. The extremely organized detailed editor in me ALSO loves lists.
21. Lindsay. As a name. I’m named after my parents, who both have the middle name “Lynn.” Love namesakes!
23. A Little Princess (the “a” doesn’t count!). Loved this movie when I was little. Love, love, love.
24. Luke. As in the book of the Bible. I like how Luke is so practical and logical. And detailed! Sounds like someone else I know…
25. Learning. I’m always aching for knowledge about a variety of topics.
And now, I want to learn about you! What’s your favorite thing that starts with the letter “L”?