January 20, 2012

Fun Fridays: Superheroes

I thought I’d ask a fun question sometimes on Fridays to get to know you all better. I’ll give my answer and an explanation, and I’d love to hear your answers too!

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Recently, I’ve been doing a Bible study called Brave by Angela Thomas. In the first week, she talks about how none of us are superwomen, as much as we’d love to be. It got me thinking: if I was a superhero, what superpower would I have?

Of course, I could say some super spiritual answer like the ability to love all people regardless of how rude they were…but nah, I think I’ll go with FLYING.

I know, cliché, right? But ever since I was a kindergartner asking Santa Claus for pixy dust (like Tinker Bell uses…I was severely disappointed when all my fellow kindergartners told me Santa couldn’t stuff like that!), I’ve wanted the ability to soar over buildings, hover above the trees, and do running leaps off of mountains (without splatting on the ground below).

Guess I’ll have to wait for Heaven for that one. Because I’ve gotta think God will grant us our desired superpower in Heaven, right?! (Note: I have absolutely no Biblical basis for this thought…just wishful thinking!)

What about you?

12 comments:

  1. Fun! :)

    Hmm.. It would be cool to have the ability to breathe underwater. I often have dreams where I'm able to do that, and during my dream I'm always telling myself: "Okay, this is so easy, just remember how to do it when you wake up!" ... It never works! LOL

    Have a wonderful weekend, Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree - I would absolutely go with flying. The ability to get to my cross-country and international friends...hang out in Europe...finally visit Greece...without ever once having to buy an outrageously-priced plane ticket? Awesome.

    Such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To apparate like in Harry Potter! I'd love to be able to just disappear and reappear in places like...Paris in April, Rome, Tuscany, etc. That would be a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, I confess I've never been much of a deep sea kind of girl. I kind of prefer to not think of all the things down there in the ocean...blissful ignorance. Yep, I'll go with that. But that's really funny about how we tell ourselves things in dreams...and then realize their impossibility when we wake up again!

    Melissa, I knew we'd get along well! And yes, I didn't even think about flying across to other continents. That WOULD be a great advantage. :P

    Sounds great, Ruth. Just make sure you don't get splinched. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I see you were able to switch to the threaded comments! I totally prefer it that way for ease of replies.

      Delete
    2. I know! I finally was able to figure out how to do it. It's so much better!

      Delete
  5. Flying would be awesome! Okay, strange though it may be, I've actually thought about this more than once. If I could have any superpower, it would be to not need sleep. Yep, I just want to be awake and have energy all the time. There's so much I want to get done during the day, so much I would love to do, that the extra time would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! Thanks for stopping by. :) And think of what we could do if we didn't need sleep. The possibilities are endless!! :P

      Delete
  6. I've been asked this question before. I've always gone with invisibility. I guess in the normal world that would equal anonymity ... the chance to go places, hear things, that I normally can't.
    Of course, there's some danger involved with invisibility. You may hear/see things you'd rather not ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great one, Beth. And you would get a lot of work done because people wouldn't be able to find you if they had a question. :)

      Delete
  7. Lindsay, I'll have to go with the majority on this and say flying. It would be such a rush to take a flying leap, feel the wind against your face and watch the world from above. I'm content though with flying SWA too. :) Barb, I used to have recurring dreams about breathing underwater until training in SCUBA. On my first dive and "breathing underwater" experience the dream never resurfaced. :) Go for it! Love your blogs Lindsay.
    Lisa Davis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I suppose all of this could be accomplished through skydiving...but I don't think I'm that brave!! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting. :)

      Delete