January 6, 2012

Fun Friday: Hot or Cold?


I thought I’d ask a fun question sometimes on Fridays to get to know you all better. I’ll give my answer and an explanation, and I’d love to hear your reasons too!

Today’s question: Would you rather live where it’s cold or hot?

Earlier this week, my cousin (who lives in Alaska) posted a picture of her thermometer. It said -20°F. Yes, that’s a minus sign. (!!!!)

Needless to say, this Arizona girl hasn’t EVER experienced 0°F, much less anything below that.

Even though experience here dictates my preference for the heat, I’m sure others feel differently. I know of many Arizonans who prefer the cold.

Maybe in some cases, the grass is greener, but not in mine. Even in the middle of July, when the heat is skimming 120°F, I’d rather be here in summer than in Alaska in the winter. Of course, those are both the extremes, but you get the point: It’s hot all the way for me. (Plus there are those awesome 80-degree Phoenix days in January that you just can’t beat!)

Your Turn: What about you? Hot or cold?

Photo courtesy of digitalart: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2280

8 comments:

  1. Uh oh... this is the dreaded either/or game my kids always want me to play with them. And usually, I give an answer with a 'but' attached b/c it's so hard to pick extremes... BUT :-) ... Since it's your blog post and your question... I'd have to say cold! I love snow and winter more than heat and swimming. If I had the choice between an Alaskan vacation or a week in Fiji, it'd be Alaska all the way. You can always add layers of clothing when you're cold, but if you're too hot, there's not much you can do when the a/c doesn't cool you down. Also, when it's too hot outside, I'm drained of energy, but the cold challenges me to get up and get going in order to warm up. (All the better to encourage exercising!) And cold = bug-free-zone—very important to this bug phobe.

    p.s. I'm a Chicago native with a brief 3 year stint in Miami, so I have experienced both climates enough to know my preference. But (there it is)... ultimately, I'm a four seasons girl. Winter, spring, summer and fall each have their charms for me. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I used to think cold, but lately I've been craving warmer temperatures. Maybe that means I'm getting old, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an Iowa/Missouri transplant....and I'll take the summer temps here over a Midwest winter any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, yes, I'm evil. Muahaha! I like what you said about the cold challenging you to exercise. It does that to me too...and I often fail! Ha.

    Sarah, come visit me here in Phoenix whenever you'd like. It's an awesome 66 degrees right now...

    Amen, K!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I don't know! lol I live in FL, in heat, but the cold places like mountains and the West are where I find inspiration.
    Thank you for popping by my blog the other day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, thanks for visiting! I love making new blogging buddies. :) I think there is definitely something more "inspiring" about the cold places...probably because they're more green and (imo) beautiful than the hot desert (which is beautiful in its own way...but nothing beats the mountains).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely a hot weather person! I truly do not like to be cold. However, I like the change of seasons. I just wish the colder seasons wouldn't last as long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, that is one thing I wish we had here in Phoenix...a change of seasons. There's just hot and hotter here. lol

    ReplyDelete