December 16, 2011

My Week: Cookies and Endings and Airplanes, Oh My!


So, this post will be a bit random…just fair warning. Here’s my week in a nutshell:


COOKIES

  
I went to a cookie exchange this past week with a group of girls from my Sunday School class. Everyone brought 2 dozen cookies and we each went through the line and took an assortment of cookies. It’s nice, because now I don’t have to bake a whole lot to get a nice variety of treats!

Thought I’d share a super-de-duper easy cookie recipe with everyone. It’s only got 4 ingredients and you don’t even have to heat the oven to make them. It’s a great treat for kids to help with too (the mixing part):

Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies
Ingredients
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups Rice Krispies

Instructions
Combine sugar with syrup in a pot. Bring to a boil on the stovetop. Quickly add peanut butter and Rice Krispies. Mix rapidly. With a spoon, quickly drop cookie-sized clumps onto wax paper. Allow cookies to cool, then serve.

ENDINGS


As a student, I couldn’t wait for the end of the semester. As a professor, I’m a little sad to see it end. I really have enjoyed my students (well, most of them) and I’m hoping they learned a little something. This week I gave them their final exams and then flew into a flurry of grading. All I can say is “Whew!”


 AIRPLANES


As you read this, I may very well be on an airplane headed out to Kansas for my cousin’s wedding. I am looking forward to spending close to a week with my family out there and making it home in time for Christmas. What a great time of year! Crazy, but great. I’ll be responding to comments as I can later in the day.

Because of my schedule, this will be my last post in 2011 (I’ll be back the first week of January!). I’m going to try to practice being a Mary (see my post here to understand what I’m talking about) and just lap up all the love around me.

Your Turn: What did you do this week? Got any good plans for the weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Cookies & a wedding! What could be better?!

    Have fun dancing!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding and enjoy a blessed celebration of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Wendy. I plan to get down with my bad self! :)

    And thank you, Keli! Merry Christmas to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking a break too.
    I hope you enjoy the cookies, the wedding and the lull in classes.
    See you in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something so magical about a winter wedding! Hope you have a lovely time and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Beth and Joanne! Merry Christmas to both of you as well.

    ReplyDelete